Gauss Translations is a translation service specializing in technical, scientific, medical, legal and business translations from German into English and vice versa. Professional translations into other languages can also be provided through close cooperation with long-term partners.
Most translation projects in the language pair German/English are carried out by in-house translators. For larger translation projects, we have access to a network of freelance translators. This means that we are very flexible and can carry out large translation projects within the given time frame.
At Gauss Translations, the translation process follows these guidelines:
Every translation project starts with an evaluation of the text: translation volume, text type, field of expertise, language pair (source language/target language(s), etc. Then the project is assigned to a team consisting of a translator and an editor. Each translation is proof-read twice to ensure accuracy and readability: first, by the translator and second, by the editor assigned to this project.
At Gauss Translations, we believe that the best way to provide translations that are accurate and otherwise faithful to the original is to familiarize ourselves with the „professional world“ and „language“ of the client. To acquire the necessary technical terms and ensure a high level of consistency in terminology and style, we study the available operating manuals, brochures, other related literature and tools provided by the client (e.g. terminology database).
We also speak with the authors of the original text, with the designers of the instrument or software in question, and with those who are at the selling end. This can all be done via telephone, e-mail or, whenever possible, even in person. For new projects, we also ask our client to give us an introduction to the operation of a complete system on-site. In this way we can ensure that our translations meet the highest standards.
- Our translators are native speakers who translate into their native language. They have first-rate reading skills in the source language and excellent writing proficiency in the target language (mother tongue).
- Our translators have a university degree, usually in a foreign language, linguistics or translation studies.
- Our translators have many years of experience in the translation of complex texts and extensive expertise in their area of specialization.
- Our translators are equipped for professional work as technical translators. They know how to perform terminology research and they are familiar with translation technology; they know both the benefits and the limitations of CAT-based translations.
- Our translators are professionals who always meet project deadlines dates and keep the confidentiality of documents and information entrusted to us.